Friday, September 2, 2011

It Has Begun

Happy Friday, all!  As promised, I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost four pounds.  Yea!  (smile-smile)  Yes, the great boulder has budged.   It was a relief to see that the effort did pay off.  I'm always afraid when I step on the scale, even when I'm sure I've lost something.   Now, to stay focused and keep it up!

I didn't even work at it that hard last week.  I never went to the gym, although I am staying pretty active with my yardwork and landscaping projects.  I didn't do my hypnosis tapes, either.  In fact, I even had wine most nights.  Hmm.  So what DID I do?  Well, I ate less often, and in smaller portions, and I cut out a LOT of carb-y things I would ordinarily snack on without much thought.   I upped my protein intake, too.  My old stand-bys worked wonders:  Wasa crackers with hummus, raw almonds, baby carrots, turkey, and fresh cucumber slices at the ready.   

One thing that really makes a difference is having C-Man do it with me.   He is more disciplined than I am and he sets a good example.  We've been talking about our next trip to Hawaii as well, maybe as soon as this March.  (Time for another count-down??)  Anyway, having someone to lean on and dream with makes all the difference in the world.  Besides, I don't want to let him down when he believes in me like he does.

So that's it for this week.  As the summer comes to a close and the new school year approaches, the battle with weight loss will probably get harder, but for now, all's well.   Maybe I can make some of these new habits stick before the stress, bad weather, and yummy food season begins.  See you next Friday!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Yeah!! You GO! I lost 3.6 this week myself. :)